Trilight Zone Forum Index Trilight Zone
Privacy & Anonymity is our specialty !

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unixware 7.1.3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Trilight Zone Forum Index -> Other Unix
trihub
Sergeant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Unixware 7.1.3 Reply with quote

Article by Tony Lawrence
Source: http://aplawrence.com

I really wanted to install Unixware 7.1.3 today. I wanted to play with the Linux and Openserver Kernel personalities: seems like a great way to have a "do it all" machine. Unfortunately, I ran into difficulties which just stopped me dead, and I do not have the time right now to screw around with it.

OSR507 had installed (though only with IBM VGA graphics) on this box; UW installed and configured the graphics correctly, but then couldn't mount any CD's so that I could install the OSKP (Open Server Kernel Personality) or anything else. I just don't have time to investigate, so that will have to wait for another day or another machine.

It's too bad: Linux (RedHat 8.0) installs easily and perfectly on this hardware; why are SCO OSes so difficult? The 5.0.7 was at least mostly functional, and I could always through in a different graphics card if I had to. But being unable to mount a CD is just impossible to ignore.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Trilight Zone Forum Index -> Other Unix All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1